Monday, June 1, 2009

Visit from Grandpa and Grandma B

This weekend my (Kristen) parents came for a quick visit. We picked them up from the airport at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday and dropped them back off at 5:00 a.m. Monday. Even though it was short we had lots of fun. We celebrated Mya's birthday, again, went to the beach, played a few hands of Liver Pool Rummy and had fun just hanging out. What a fun weekend!

Mya enjoying a bed time story with Grandma.

During the day Grandpa read her many stories.

Saturday night Aunt Pam, Uncle Phil, and Salina also came over to celebrate Mya's Birthday.



I think she was excited for her presents.

Aunt Jenna send down an adorable little cook outfit with a hat, apron, towel, hot pad, and an oven mitt. Thanks Aunt Jenna!

Grandma made Mya her own house. It has two windows and a door. By the end of the night all of Mya's presents and quite a few pairs of shoes were in it.

Daddy and mommy got her a sandbox/water toy.

Uncle Evan, Aunt Carrie, and cousin Lina sent down a fun Cinderella dress and some Raggedy Ann and Andy books. Thanks guys!

All ready for church.

After church we stopped and picked up subs from Subway. Then we stopped at home changed and packed a picnic lunch. We went to Apollo Beach which is about 10min from our house.

Mom and I used the fancy wine glasses from the picnic basket to drink our Coke.

This bird was sitting there for a long time and then stood up and yawned and I got a picture:)

Grandpa, Grandma, and Mya

It is kind of hard to see but on the way back to the car there was a spot we had to walk through that had tons of crabs.

2 comments:

The van Rensburgs said...

I'm jealous...and happy for you:) How many more birthday celebrations will Mya have? I'm very impressed with your cakes! Have fun at the ultrasound:)

Joni said...

Oh my goodness - how much fun! I love to see my aunts and uncles and cousins having so much fun together :). I LOVE the house your mom made for Mya. I remember having one as a kid - I think Aunt Linda made it for us. We played with that thing until I was in middle school! Just watch out - we used to sneak food into it and it got pretty messy one time with yogurt :) We really must find some excuse to come visit you - you are really only 10 minutes from the beach? You're my new favorite cousin :)