Friday, July 17, 2009

Dog days of summer

So when it is 85 degrees by 7 a.m. and only gets hotter from there with high humidity it isn't very fun to go outside. The pool water now feels like bath water and when we go to put Mya in the car she cries cause she knows it is hot! So I am trying to obey (well more like use it as an excuse)the pregnancy books and stay inside in the AIR CONDITIONING (my new best fried). I feel kind of like when it is February in WI and you can't wait for the first warm day to go outside, now I can't wait for the first cooler day to go outside. Trying to come up with things to do inside gets a little hard to do so today I decided we would try cut out cookies. A big hit!!








Mya made the I love daddy and I did the other ones for when Tonya, Jenna, and Elise come next week for playing Liver Pool Rummy (notice they are the playing card suits)

5 comments:

Tonton said...

i am so very excited. especially because there are now cookies involved :).

Anonymous said...

thanks so much

The van Rensburgs said...

I love the cookie cutter shapes! Where did you get those? Wish I could play too

Joni said...

I'm booking my flight for that rummy contest! JK I remember those days in Florida - those are the days that we lived in our swimsuits and were so very blessed to have a swimming pool in our backyard with a screen that kept it from feeling like bathwater. Hope you stay cool!

Joni said...

PS. I'm very impressed with how smoothly your transition has gone to the big girl bed. Way to go mom!